Tuesday, July 7, 2020

More Stenciled Beauty with New A Colorful Life Designs Stencils


I had so much fun designing cards with embossing techniques for my newest video here using new stencils from A Colorful Life Designs! I love the look of Tonic Studio's bronze mirror card embossed with a new 3D embossing folder from Stampin' up called Old World Paper. Then I simply brushed on StazOn black ink through a stencil called Whirlpool and added a couple sentiment strips from Simon Says Stamp. 

Another stenciling technique I share in the new video is to create a shadow with black ink and a stencil and then move the stencil over to add another contrasting layer. I applied Deco Foil's Transfer Gel Duo through A Colorful Life Designs Circle Tree stencil and let that dry. It drys tacky so (without heat) I could pour on Stampendous Aged Marine Embossing Powder and heat set that for this beautiful circle card front which I layered on a navy blue circle cardbase.
I also used the shadow technique on this card - first layer of the Whirlpool stencil in black ink, second layer with the Duo Gel and glitter embossing powder. The star was created the same way and I added another sentiment strip from Simon Says Stamp to finish the card.

To see many more stenciled cards and techniques, watch the new video here.

I am entering the last card in the Bright and Cheerful challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

No comments: