Monday, July 6, 2020

Video - A Colorful Life Designs Stencils With Embossing Folder and Powder Techniques


I am a huge fan of A Colorful Life Designs stencils and I had great fun designing a bunch of cards for my newest video which features those stencils and techniques with embossing powders and folders. 


This is the card I show how to make in the new video. I started with a piece of Tonic Studios Iridescent Marina Mist Mirror Card that I embossed with a new embossing folder from Sizzix and Tim Holtz called Fallen Leaves. I added Nuvo Glacier Paste through a stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called Faded Petal and set that aside to dry. 

My favorite technique with embossing powder is to apply it to Scor-tape and then heat set it for great texture. But I tried that with a stencil and I ruined it trying to get it off the super stickly Scor-tape sheet. I asked around Facebook groups and someone suggested trying Versamark on the back of the stencil. I used my Versamark refill and a makeup sponge and that worked great as I show in the video. I was able to apply the Stampendous Aged Marine embossing powder through ACLD Suds Stream stencil, and after brushing off the excess pwoder, remove the stencil easily. I then covered the rest of the butterfly with glittery white Nuvo embossing powder and heat set that for the gorgeous butterfly you see on the card above. 



Another fun thing to do with stencils is to apply mousse or Glitz Glitter Gel through the stencil and then die cut elements out of those pieces for our cards. I started with a green square that was embossed with a new Stampin up 3D embossing folder and applied Nuvo Crackle Mousse through the new ACLD Dancing Sprigs stencil. While that was drying and cracking I also applied gold mousse through the new Sunflower Circle stencil and die cut the flowers. I also stenciled pastel inks through the ACLD Daisy Ring stencil and added Iridescent Glitz Glitter Gel (from Gina K and ThermOWeb) and when that was dry I die cut some dragonflies. The sentiment strips on all these cards are from Simon Says Stamp.



My favorite of the new stencils just released by A Colorful Life Designs is the Circle Tree and this card was so easy to make! I simply embossed the background with a new SU 3D embossing folder called Old World Paper and brushed on some brown distress ink. Then I brushed on blue ink through the stencil and added a sentiment strip. 

To see more stenciled cards and how I made the first card here, watch the new video here. Thanks for your visit here and your support of my YouTube channel and  blog.

I am entering the first card in the Bright and Cheerful challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

No comments: