Monday, July 27, 2020

Videos - Cardmaking With a Mixed Media Masterboard and Dies - Parts One and Two


Recently I challenged myself to make a mixed media masterboard with all sorts of stamps and stencils and pastes and shimmer powders and then use my favorite dies to create cards with it. I did a practice one and then created the one pictured below in the first part of two videos that are new on my YouTube channel today. I started with Nuvo Shimmer Powders sprinkled on a large piece of watercolor paper. After that dried, my Part One video shows step by step how I stenciled and added Nuvo Expanding Mousse which bubbles up with great texture when heated with a heat gun. I also added Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo which dries tacky and I added foil and embossing powder on those stenciled images. Here is a look at the mostly completed mixed media masterboard:



In Part Two of this video series, I show how I created many cards with dies and the masterboard as the background.  Both of these card fronts were cut with two frame dies from Gina Marie Designs and layered on black cardstock. On the top card from the new masterboard, I wanted to feature this awesome new stamp from Dina Kowall and Impression Obsession. The card below was created with my first masterboard, so you can see how it turns out differently each time one is created:

The large mixed media masterboard worked beautifully for slimline cards such as this birthday easel card I made with slimline dies from Gina Marie Designs and alphabet dies from Kat Scrappiness  for the eclipse look. I used the same dies to make this love slimline easel card from my first masterboard:


You can choose to watch both parts of this video, or if you want to see the mixed media masterboard made, watch Part One. If you want to see the cardmaking process, watch Part Two here.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love those backgrounds. Great cards.