Tuesday, April 27, 2021

More Split Stencil Cards With New Stencils from A Colorful Life Designs


I love how easy it is to create gorgeous cards with the new Split Image Stencils from A Colorful Life Designs and I made seven different cards easily for my newest video here. The stencil I used on this card and the next is called Split Swirls. I simply brushed on aqua blue ink through the stencil onto a lightly colored piece of designer paper, then stamped a sentiment and added a punched embossed butterfly. 

**EDITED TO ADD: The owner of A Colorful Life Designs liked my cards and video so much she offered me a discount code to share with my viewers! Click on the link in the paragragh above, pick out the split stencils you want (and look around- so many neat stencils!) and then use my discount code KarenSplit to get 10% off! The code is case sensitive and expires 5/9/21 so be sure to go shopping soon!**


I added my favorite Rainglow foil from Brutus Monroe and Therm O Web through the Split Swirls stencil after applying Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo and letting it dry. I also used a favorite technique (the eclipse technique) and favorite dies from Dies...To Die For to make this card. The stitched frame die is from Cutplorations.


This and the next card both feature the new Split Bubbly Flourish stencil. I simply brushed on pink, yellow and purple distress ink, stamped a sentiment from Stampendous and added a couple gems from Gina Marie Designs. 


I sprayed a couple colors of Shimmer Bliss color spray from Technique Junkies through the Split Bubbly Flourish stencil on this card, then also sprayed with Therm O Web's Glitter Dust. The glitter dust is very hard to clean off of stencils so if you want clean stencils, you won't want to do that. It didn't ruin the stencil and I like the added sparkle (which is hard to see in the photo.) The layered hello is a die from Tonic Studios and I layered it on vellum, and then added more of my favorite gems from Gina Marie Designs. 

See what I mean about how easy it is to make awesome cards with these new split image stencils? I show all these cards and more in the new video here. 

1 comment: