Monday, April 26, 2021

Video - Cardmaking With Split Image Stencils From A Colorful Life Designs


I had so much fun designing cards with the new Split Image stencils from A Colorful Life Designs for my newest video, I didn't stop until I had made 7 different cards with different stenciling techniques. My favorite of the new split stencils is the rose and here is a CAS but lovely card to show you why: 


I show in the new video how easy it is to make this card with the gorgeous Split Rose stencil and a brand new sympathy stamp set from Technique Junkies. Here is another CAS card with this awesome Split Rose stencil:

All I did to make this card was apply Red Velvet Glitz Glitter Gel from Gina K Designs and Therm O Web through the rose stencil and when it was dry, I added a sentiment die from Cutplorations and a few gems from Gina Marie Designs. 

**EDITED TO ADD: The owner of A Colorful Life Designs liked my cards and video so much she offered me a discount code to share with my viewers! Click on the link in the first paragragh above, pick out the split stencils you want (and look around- so many neat stencils!) and then use my discount code KarenSplit to get 10% off! The code is case sensitive and expires 5/9/21 so be sure to go shopping soon!**


I also show in the new video how to make this love slimline card with Brutus Monroe Sunrise Foil and Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo through the Split Rose stencil twice. The 'love" die is from Poppystamps, the Torn Heart is from Dies...To Die For and the stitched slimline die is from Pinkfresh Studios. Here is a look at the inside of this card:


I share the foil technique in the video of how to not waste any of the gorgeous foil after the first pass through a laminator or MINC by running it through again with a piece of Deco Foil Toner Sheet and that is how this rose image was created. 

To see all the Split Image stencil cards and how I made these, watch the new video here. 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are all beautiful and I love the wonderful stencil designs on all of them.