Monday, April 19, 2021

Video - How To Color DieCuts With Foil and Embossing Powder Part One


I am die cut crazy and love to play with techniques to give my diecuts color and shine, and in my newest video here I feature foil and embossing powder techniques. All the dies in this video and in Part Two coming soon are from Dies...to Die For at ShopScrapbook101.com, and I am posting this video on their YouTube channel too while Stacey takes some time off to deal with health issues. 
My great-nephew (does that make me really old or just really great to be his great-aunt??) is graduating from my old alma mater and the BHS school colors are maroon and gold. I "colored" the graduation gown and hat with Gold Static foil on a Brutus Monroe/Therm O Web Designer Toner Sheet and brushed on maroon (or burgandy) ink as I show in the video. All the graduation dies can be found here on the DTDF website. I rolled up a monetary gift to look like a diploma and tucked it in a pocket created with the Torn Edge Resting Rectangle die from Dies...To Die For. 


As I show in the new video, I colored all these diecuts in this baby slimline card with foil and Gina K Designs Petite Foil-mates, and also explain how to not waste any gorgeous foil but putting the leftovers through the MINC or laminator with Deco Foil's black Toner Sheets. All the baby dies shown can be found here on the DTDF website.


I have also discovered another way to color our diecuts with embossing powder and I call the technique Hot Camo. In the new video I show how I added red, black and white embossing powders to the graduation gown and hat and achieved a textured fun color mixture. Here is a close up look at that texture:


Combining the words "Congrats" and "Grad" was an idea I totally lifted from Stacey of Dies...To Die For and is a fun play on words perfect for a graduation card. 

I had so much fun playing with these foil and embossing techniques that I made many more cards with the coming May release at Dies...To Die For, so be sure to on the lookout for those cards and the Part Two video soon. I hope my cards and new video inspire you to give some of these techniques and dies a try! 

No comments: