Monday, August 2, 2021

Salad Spinner Series - Distress Oxide Reinker Spinning With Stamps and Dies


I am having so much fun with my salad spinner and in my newest video which is part of my salad spinner series I share many more gorgeous easy colorful backgrounds with distress oxide reinkers, water, watercolor paper and favorite stamps and dies. 


In the new video I share how I made three different colored backgrounds with 3 Distress Oxide reinkers each and this is one of the cards I made. The colors I chose for this background are Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers. The "Color" die and stamp set is from Honey Bee Stamps and I raised the shadow die piece up from the background for the eclipse look. 


I made this background with Spiced Marmalade, Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide reinkers in my salad spinner. I just received a new product from Tonic Studios called shaker pockets which they are selling in 3 sizes including A2 and slimline. I simply folded the adhesive side pieces onto the back of the card front and slipped some sequins in including butterfly sequins. The layered celebrate is from Dies...To Die For at Shopscrapbook101.com. Here is a look at this card all shook up:



I also show creating a masculine background with Black Soot, Fired Brick and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide reinkers and this is the card I made with a layered "hello" from Gina K Designs for the eclipse look again. 

As I explain in the video, I tried regular dye reinkers and distress ink reinkers, but was not happy with the results. Then I tried Distress Oxide reinkers (which I have many of and have not used before) and they worked great! The white space with "feelers" of inky color on the sides of the pieces look awesome and are the best of all the mediums I have tried. 

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards using the salad spinner. I won't buy one though as I have too much stuff already to cope with. But I love the backgrounds you make.