Monday, August 16, 2021

Video - Christmas Card Countdown - Kaleidoscope Plaid Holiday Cards


I find it stressful to try to make my holiday cards later in the year when we are so busy with decorating and shopping, so I try to make some each month of the year. I am starting a new video series today called Christmas Card Countdown to share easy and unique holiday cards with some of my favorite products and techniques. If you make a few Christmas cards each month with me, you will have one less thing to do in November and December. But keep in mind that each of these cards can be for any occasion with different colors and sentiments. I am featuring the Kaleidoscope Plaid Die Set from Spellbinders on each of the cards I share in the new video, and this is the card I show step by step how to make:


The background paper on this card is from Whimsy Stamps and the sentiment strip is from Taylored Expressions. The shaker windows were created easily with the Spellbinders Kaleidoscope Plaid die set out of silver and blue cardstock and I added snowflakes and seed beads in the shaker windows as I show in the video. I suggest not tossing all the pieces from the plaid diecuts and I used them to add color and glitter to each of the corners. This Kaleidoscope Plaid die set can easily create many different plaid patterns as you can see from this picture:





This card looks complicated to make but was really easy with 4 plaid rectangles made in Christmas colors and placed on an A2 cardbase with another Taylored Expressions sentiment strip. 


This slimline holiday card shows three different configurations of the Spellbinders Kaleidoscope Plaid die set cut out of non-traditional Christmas colors along with some punched snowflakes and a clear sentiment sticker from STAMPlorations. 

These cards were easy and fun to make and now I have 4 more for my stash. I hope my cards in my newest video encourage you to get started on your holiday cards and to give some of the ideas and products a try. 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are so gorgeous with the die you used.