Monday, August 30, 2021

Video - Cardmaking with Vintage Artistry Rub-On Transfers and Bookbinding


Do you remember the rub-on transfers we used to use years ago? I was not a fan at that time, but I recently discovered gorgeous new ones from 49 and Market that make vintage artistry on our cards so easy to do. In my newest video here I share three bookbinding cards decorated so beautifully and easily with the 49 and Market Rub-on Transfers. I learned how to make the 4 page bookbinding cards from Sam of Mixed Up Crafts and here is a link to her tutorial. 


This is the 4 page wedding book card I made in the new video. I show how to put the book binding card together and as promised, here is a list of the sizes of each page:

Sizes of pages and layering pieces:

Cut 4 pieces of cardstock all 5 inches tall with the widths 5 1/2, 6, 6 1/2 and 7 inches. Score each at 1 1/2 and fold both ways for the side of the book. 

Cut 4 layering pieces (I used one layer but Sam used two): All are 4 3/4 inches tall and the widths are 3 3/4, 4 1/4, 4 3/4 and 5 1/4 inches.

If you choose to do a vellum layer cut three the same size as the full cardstock pieces, or you can choose to make them the same height and width as the layering pieces once put on the back pieces. 

The side layering piece is 1 1/4 x 4 3/4. 


On every page of the 4 page bookbinding cards I show in the new video is decorated with 49 and Market Vintage Artistry Rub-on Transfers and on the front and 2nd page on this wedding version I used layered sentiment dies from Honey Bee Stamps. Here are pictures of the 3rd and 4th pages (both sentiments from Dies...to Die For) and also a side where I added a gift card (or cash or check) holder for the newly married couple:





I love how these 4 page bookbinding cards with 49 and Market rub-on transfers turned out (and I share two more in the new video here.) I hope the cards encourage you to give this fun fold and the products I feature a try! 

1 comment: