Monday, August 23, 2021

Video - Cardmaking With Hero Arts Looking Glass Dies and Transparencies


I recently discovered Hero Arts Looking Glass Die Sets and found them to be beautiful one, two or three layer frames for Clear Views Transparencies as I show in my newest video here. 


I have loved Clear Views transparencies from The Mark-It Place and made cards with them for years. They are now available at a local stamp shop called Let's Create and you can call them at 715-424-1343 if you want some after seeing the video and checking out the different ones available on their website here. I created a one layer frame with the deer from the Winter Forest Hero Arts Looking Glass Die Set and added a navy frame around him with a Karen Burniston square frame die. The snowflake debossing on the white cardbase was created with a Memory Box Pinpoint Snowflake die and the sentiment strip is from Simon Says Stamp. 


This is the card I create in the new  video. The fisherman Clear Views Transparency is from a beautiful set called New Day (for John) in memory of Jill's husband John and the dotted squares were created with dies from Crealies.  Here is a side view and more photos that shows a great new fun fold I learned from a Pinterest post of a card by Lisa Curcio: 




Do you remember Rub-on Transfers? I used to have a bunch years ago but never used them. I just discovered a gorgeous pack of Rub-on Transfers from 49 and Market called Travel Hike More and used several in this card. I put a three layer lighthouse picture on the inside with dies from the Lighthouse Looking Glass die set from Hero Arts and another gorgeous Clear Views Transparency from New Day (for John.) 


My third card is a trifold created with the Lighthouse die set and two sided dp from Stampin' Up. Here are views of the 2nd fold and the inside of this card:



Combining the Hero Arts Looking Glass layers with the Clear Views Transparencies make easy gorgeous cards, and I hope my cards in my newest video encourage you to give some of these ideas and products a try!

I am entering the first card in the Add A Sentiment challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh my! These are all so fantastic and lovely in design. Great scene cards.

Sue D said...

Thanks for sharing how you made these. I have the lighthouse set. The transparencies make them special but I am thinking I could use unwanted photos?