Monday, July 18, 2022

27 3D Embossed Cards Made in 5 Minutes or Less!


Do you like to make gorgeous cards in less than 5 minutes you  can send out with pride to loved ones and friends? Who wouldn't? In my newest video I share many many cards I made with 3D embossing folders PLUS...Plus stencils, mirri card, sentiment dies and a new product for me called Gilders Paste Wax. I created 27 cards plus a few in the new video and so these blog posts are going to be photo heavy. To see how easy it is to create these cards and see a demo on the Gilders Paste Wax, be sure to watch the video here. 

I have four new 3D embossing folders that I use on all the cards I share. Under the picture of each card I will share a little info on what I used on the card.

I made a version of this card in the video showing how to add several colors of ink through a stencil onto the textured background created with the Woven 3D embossing folder from Tim Holtz and Sizzix. The stencil is a brass one from Sweet Poppy called Absolute Abstract and the sentiment is a die from Simon Says Stamp.




These three cards all feature stencils and brushed ink color onto a background created with the Sizzix Woven 3D embossing folder. 


I also demo in the new video a new product I just discovered called Gilders Paste Wax. Every month on the 2nd Saturday there is a full day of free classes on the Crafters Classroom Facebook Page.  You can watch for free but you can also choose to purchase kits so that you can make the cards with the instructor and I decided to buy the waxes and other supplies for the "Wax on Paper Intro Class" taught by Bill the Gilder. I have tried other paste waxes before but was disappointed in the limited colors and how I ruined my stencils with them. There are 28 colors of Gilders Paste Wax including 16 Metallics available at Stamplistic here and I am ordering more after playing with the ones I got in the class kit. I show in the new video how I made the card above in just a few minutes with the Patina Gilders Paste Wax and a lovely sentiment die from Sue Wilson and Creative Expressions. 


I also demoed this quick card to show how the Patina on navy blue cardstock can be buffed to a brilliant shine especially on a less detailed embossing folder like this one from Stampin' up called Cascading Ruffles. I added a 3D champagne Easy Topper from Hearty Crafts and a Celebrate die cut from Karen Burniston. Here are some more cards I made with 3D embossing folders and the Gilders Paste Wax:


In the video I also show many cards made with the lovely Botanical Ferns 3D embossing folder from Lisa Horton and this one features the Antique Gold Gilders Wax on brown and on green with the pattern continuing from the back to the front.


I was so happy to find out the Gilders Paste Waxes can be washed off stencils (and my hands) with Fast Orange Hand Soap and will be playing with it and my stencils more for another video after I get the new colors I ordered. I added Patina over the Sizzix Woven 3D embossed background and then added Antique Gold through an Artplorations stencil. The sentiment die on this card and most of the cards I share in the new video is from Sue Wilson and Creative Expressions as I just love her use of different fonts in her dies.

I hope you will watch the new video to see my demos of this great new product and all the rest of my 5 minute cards made with 3D embossing folders. Remember to take some time to play this week and then send some of your handmade joy out into the world!

No comments: