Thursday, July 28, 2022

In The Garden Layered Stencils In Different Monochromatic Choices


I am working this week on an article for Rubber Stamp Madness magazine featuring Taylored Expressions In The Garden Mini Slim layered stencils. The cards in the article (to be published in Spring of 2023) are in traditional bright floral colors, but as the stencils were out, I decided to play with mono-chromatic tones. There is no law the leaves have to be green or the flowers in more traditional colors, right? After completing three card fronts with these unique layered stencils (which make 3 cards all at once!), I die cut the card fronts on all these cards with Kat Scrappiness Wonky Mini slimline dies. I love the eclipse look on cards like these, so on this and the next card, I die cut YOU using dies also from Kat Scrappiness, raised them on fun foam and put them back in the card with the pattern flowing from the background into the letters. The stamped sentiment is from Stampendous. 


I decided to try browns and greys in my next two selections of mono-chromatic choices and love how they turned out!


I used a Gina K Designs layered Hello die for the eclipse look on this one. This experiment reminded me to step out of my box when choosing colors for flowers and other elements on my cards!


1 comment:

Jane Luxem said...

These are all lovely cards, Karen!