Monday, August 1, 2022

16 Gorgeous Gilders Paste Wax Cards!


Do you love to play with new cardmaking products like I do? The product I am featuring in this week's video is not a new one, but is new to me. 


The product I made 16 backgrounds and cards with is Gilders Paste Wax and I am using it on 3D embossing folders such as this Cobblestones embossing folder from Tim Holtz and Sizzix. I simply applied Copper Gilders Paste Wax on the embossed paper and buffed it after it dried just a bit. I also added Patina Gilders Paste Wax on the wooden embellishments for a pretty blue color instead of the wood tone they were. 


Here is another favorite card I made with another Sizzix 3D embossing folder and copper gilders paste wax. And here is one with African Bronze and a pretty Blooming Frame die from Poppystamps:


One of my favorite things to do with the Gilders Paste wax is to combine colors on a card front as I did on the next card with a Sizzix 3D embossing folder called Mosaic Gems, and the ones below that I made in the new video:




I show how to make this card with a fun embossed sketch featuring a lovely 3D embossing folder from Sizzix called Organic Petals in the video. I applied bronze Gilders Wax Paste to the top black cardstock and copper to the Sizzix Floral Frame which I then made into a shaker with confetti  from This Calls For Confetti. The pieces left when I cut the embossed background were too pretty to waste so I made another shaker card with the debossed side and the same gilding wax color choices:


I shared many more cards and tips and ideas with Gilders Paste Wax in the new video so be sure to watch it here. I hope you have time this week to have a play and then send your handmade cards out into our world to spread some joy.

No comments: