Thursday, August 4, 2022

Five More Cards From My Newest Video with Gilders Paste Wax


In the class I took at Crafter's Classroom with Bill The Gilder where I learned about Gilders Paste Wax for the first time, Bill showed us how to simply wet and crinkle well a piece of cardstock and then after it dried, apply the wax to the top of the wrinkles. I did that on this card with the red wax and added some stitched foliage cut with new dies from Kat Scappiness. The edges of this card front were distressed with an edger distress tool. 


I combined that wrinkle technique with an embossing folder and love how this background turned out. I tried to demo it in the video but it did not turn out as wished. As I show on the next three cards, most epic failures can be salvaged and turned into great cards and if not, it is just paper...





I didn't really like any of these backgrounds when I made them, but rather than toss them I  added a die cut plaid frame over one, double embossed one and on the last one, die cut the whole piece into a leaf background and now I have cards I love! So you can see I had great fun playing and making these cards and hope you will watch the new video here and then have a play yourself!

I am entering the 4th card in the Emboss It challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday. 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

As always the cards you made are gorgeous!