Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Faux Rice Paper Framed Cards From My Newest Video


See the napkin under the card in the picture above? In my newest video I show how to take a napkin,  some white glue and some coffee to change the napkin below into the translucent piece of rice paper shown in all the cards in the video. It is so easy and the results are gorgeous! The frame was created with a die from Sue Wilson and Creative Expressions. I also die cut a butterfly out of the rice paper and yellow cardstock, attached it with the wings raised and added some gems. 


Here is another card I created with a frame cut with Crealies dotted square dies and another pretty napkin. I show in the video how you can add dye ink reinkers for an alternative color and the top flower is a bright blue created that way. Here is a card I made with faux rice paper where I added yellow reinker:


The frame is a die from Gemini and the flowers are part of that set and were cut with the yellow tinged faux tissue paper and cream colored under them. 


Here is a slimline card I made with a pretty napkin framed by crosshatch slimline dies from Karen Burniston. HB2U is a die from Picket Fence. 

I had great fun making all these cards with the Faux Tissue Paper technique for my new video and hope you will watch and give it a try!

No comments: