Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Many More Christmas Cards Made with the Faux Rice Paper Technique


Here is another card I made with a Christmas dinner napkin and the Faux Rice Paper Technique for my newest video here. The top layer of the napkin was used to create 3 different cards and in total I made eight cards with one dinner napkin. I showed how two cards could be made with one of the unpatterned layers and stencils and made these cards that way:


I demo how to stencil on the napkins before adding the glue and coffee mixture, and shared the information that we need to use a permanent ink not just any dye ink as they will smear. I used Versafine Clair and a stencil from A Colorful Life Designs on this card.  I added the Merry Christmas sentiment with a layered die from Karen Burniston and raised it for an eclipse look. 

This pretty layered tree was created with a stencil from Trinity Stamps and framed with Double Dotted Rectangle dies from Crealies.

This is a favorite of all the Christmas cards I created even though I used a darker napkin with very little white space. Look what happens when the star is pushed:


Isn't that cool? Because the paper is somewhat transparent, the EZ lights from Pear Blossom Press shine through! The inside of this card is very cool too and can be seen in the video, but I just have too many pictures to share in this post to show that too.


This card is a slimline showing napkins with no white space can be used with this technique but are not as translucent and so not (in my opinion) as pretty, but still nice. My last card shows an alternative if you can't find patterned napkins with lots of white space. Gift wrap tissue paper does work with the Faux Rice Paper technique. This was the only Christmas gift wrap tissue paper I had but soon there will be many to choose from in the stores.


I now have a bunch of lovely Christmas cards for my stash and had great fun making all these cards for this new video which is the 2nd in my series on my favorite new technique- Faux Rice Paper Technique. I am going to play with different additives and stamping for the third installment coming soon. 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those are beautiful napkin cards you made!