Monday, August 29, 2022

Faux Rice Paper Technique For Gorgeous Christmas Cards!


The answer to this question and shown in my new video is EIGHT! The translucent Faux Rice Paper I show how to make in a couple different ways makes easy and unique cards. I chose a dinner napkin with three layers and all three layers are used to make beautiful cards. 


I make a card almost identical to this one in the new video step by step. As you can see in the picture below, the "Happy Holidays" is on the inside and can be seen through the translucent paper created with this fun technique.


The Double Dotted squares and rectangles used on many of the cards I show were created with sets from Crealies that I love. Here is another card similar to one I show how to make in the video:



Usually coffee is added to the glue mixture creating a vintage look, but dye reinkers can also be added to create any color you might want. I chose to make this faux rice paper red and added glass glitter before it dried for a pretty shiny look. The layered deer on the front is an Easy 3D Topper from Hearty Crafts and the sentiment dies are from Stampendous.


The faux rice paper created with this technique is somewhat transparent so I used a piece with some glitter on it to create this shaker card. The snowflakes in the shaker are from Kat Scrappiness and I added shaker beads too which move really well in shakers. The sentiment die is a new one from Crealies and the frame was created with a pretty die from Penny Black.


Here is another card I created with the 3rd layer of the napkin for a pretty vintage wrinkled look over white cardstock. It was decorated with rub-ons from 49 and Market so even though the paper created was wrinkled and had some glitter on it, rub-ons do work. 

I share many more holiday cards and ways to use this technique in different ways in the new video, so be sure to check it out here.

No comments: