Tuesday, July 5, 2022

The Easiest Way to Make a Shaker Card and New Confetti Company and New Video!


Happy Summer everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! I am posting this week's video on Tuesday instead of my usual Monday because of the 4th of July yesterday, and also because the card I made in the new video is part of a Summer Shaker Instagram Hop on Thursday (more details on that will be posted Thursday.) 


I have discovered the easiest way ever to make dimensional shaker cards and I show how in my newest video here.  Kat Scrappiness has Shaker Dimension Kits that include everything you need to make a cute shaker card and there are many choices of shapes to choose from. I chose the fish kit to make this adorable card. The confetti shaking around in the fish is from a new company called This Calls For Confetti, and they are the sponsor of the IG Hop Thursday. I stenciled the background of this card with a stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called Sea Foam and added a cute sentiment from Poppystamps. 


I loved the butterfly shaker kit from Kat Scrappiness and made two cards with it. This one features a stencil (inked in two different colors) from Kat Scrappiness called Falling Starlights and the butterfly shaker pieces are also from KS. Here is a picture of this card all shook up:


This butterfly shaker card is a sneak peak of next week's video in which I am playing with patterned acetate sheets from Paper Wishes. I created the whole card from acetate with foiled butterflies and added a confetti mix from This Calls for Confetti called Celebrate. Here is another view of the shaker on this card close up:


I had great fun creating shaker cards so easily with these new products and hope you will check out the new video here and give some of the ideas and products a try. Then send some of your handmade joy out into the world and then stop back Thursday for more summer shaker cards and the IG Hop. 

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday. 

No comments: