Saturday, December 2, 2023

Winter Cards 4 Kids and Last Post for Send A Smile 4 Kids


The theme this month at Send A Smile 4 Kids is Winter Cards 4 Kids and I had fun creating this card with an open diagonal slit and an adorable winter bird and a cute winter sentiment from Stampendous.

This posting is a bit bittersweet for me as it is the last one I will do for Send A Smile 4 Kids. Back in 2011, I was looking for a place to donate my cards and I was happy to find Send A Smile 4 Kids. They were (and still are) collecting handmade cards for kids who are inpatient in many children’s hospitals. I joined their design team in April of 2011 and very shortly after that, the previous owner and coordinator asked me to take over running SAS4Kids as she was stepping away. I said yes and was the owner, volunteer coordinator and challenge DT leader for almost 9 years.

I was happy and proud to lead SAS4Kids for those years as we grew and cheered many kids and their families with handmade joy. At the end of 2020, I stepped aside as the owner and leader of the volunteer and challenge sides, and two wonderful ladies from the team stepped up and have done an awesome job continuing to grow and maintain Send A Smile 4 Kids. I thank Jen and Sybrina for that, and wish them the best as they keep Send a Smile 4 Kids going into the future.

I have been on the DT now for almost 12 years and it is time for me to step aside, and thank our volunteers and design team and everyone who has sent in cards for our kids and joined in our challenges through the years.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday. 

 

3 comments:

Sybrina K said...

Hi Karen, This is a bittersweet post... for sure. Thank you so much for all the smiles you have helped put on little faces all these years. Just know you will be missed... so don't be a stranger. Okay? Okay! Happy Holidays, my friend!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design with that little bird! Great texture too!

Celeste Goff said...

Karen, I'm so sad that this will be your last post with us at SAS4Kids! Your cards are always so fun, clever, and beautifully pulled together and your talent will be missed! I love your sweet card this month. What a nice way to bid us farewell.