Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Christmas Acetate Card


I create holiday cards all year for my in home classes and also so I don't have to rush to get them done in December. I love making acetate cards even though they do not photograph well. I embossed the front of this acetate card with a snowflake embossing folder from Sizzix. I used a Lil' Inker stitched rectangle die that is A2 sized to die cut the center white piece and attached a beautiful Merry Christmas ornament die cut from Memory Box. Anything that gets glued or attached with tape to an acetate card has to be covered in the back to hide the adhesive. So I die cut another stitched rectangle from the same Lil' Inker set and embossed it with a Crafts Too embossing folder. Here are photos of the back and the side view: 


3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Very elegant and pretty. I have been admiring your acetate cards and have shopped for acetate sheets. Where do you purchase them?

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous cards. I have never done any myself in quite that way. I did use the acetate to make a window for a shaker though.

Cara said...

Wonderful use of acetate on a stunning card. Cara x