Wednesday, June 8, 2016

New Technique Sympathy Card



I am a member of Live Love Cards where for only $2.50 a month, I am sent at least two videos a week with new techniques and ideas. I also have access to hundreds of previously posted videos with more great ideas. I figure even if I only get one new idea a month, for that price, how can we go wrong? This was a totally new idea from Darlene's recent series of making card with common household items. Guess what we used? Toilet paper! Basically, to make this card I layered thin inexpensive toilet paper (I used 12 layers), inked up an embossing folder (by Tim Holtz) with water based ink (I found Memento and Distress Inks worked the best), spritzed both sides of the tp with water, placed it in the inked embossing folder and ran it through my die cut machine. Just look at the wonderful colored texture that results from following these easy steps:



Love it! I let the piece dry for a little while, then finished drying it with my heat gun. I die cut a stitched border out of white cardstock with my Lil' Inker stitched rectangle dies, and added a die cut sympathy sentiment using a new die from Dee's Distinctively.

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

OMG! Who would ever think to use tp to decorate a card. This is just gorgeous.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Karen - thanks for sharing the technique.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card. I think we did this years ago with cheap toilet paper and a deep grooved rubber stamp. It was before embossing folders.

Donna Ellis said...

How incredible! Karen, the wet look is so perfect for your scene! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, de

MaryH said...

Hi Karen, found a link at Maxine's blog about this interesting technique (which is new to me!) and zipped over to find out how it was done. What a marvelous texture you've created, and so pretty with the white cat tails and the dimension of the sentiment die cuts. TFS