Monday, June 27, 2016

Tonic Studios Zipper Guy Card


It's my turn to post a project on Blog Tonic USA and here, and  I am sharing a card for a guy on his special day featuring the Zip and Button Die and Deboss Set from the Sew Pretty range at Tonic Studios. I knew the minute I saw the zipper and button dies I wanted to try to create a guy’s sweater vest and button down shirt and had fun creating this card from that idea. I cut a top folding navy A2 size card base. I punched a V shaped collar in the vest and attached strips of light blue creating stripes on the sweater vest. I embossed the sweater vest card with an embossing folder from Sizzix. I die cut the zipper pull out of scrap of Tonic gold mirror card and debossed the light blue zipper. Here is a close up picture of the zipper and zipper pull and the white shirt which pulls out of the “sweater vest” card base as shown here:



I cut and folded the white collar and added some die cut white buttons to button down the collar. I attached the “On Your Day” sentiment which could be celebrating Father’s Day or a birthday or any special day.

I am entering this in the "One for the Boys" challenge at Win and Tonic.

Tonic Studios and Nuvo Products Used: Zip and Button Die and Deboss Set, “On Your Day” Miniature Moments Die, Tonic Gold Mirror Card, Tonic Tangerine Die Machine, Tonic Funky Glue Pen, Tonic Advantage V Blade Trimmer; Other: Sizzix embossing folder     

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Karen - love the pull up tag!!
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful guy card and love that it has a zipper pull on it. Great tag added too.