Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tonic Top Note Trellis Personalized Gift Box


I love my Kensington purse die from Tonic Studios, but it is small for giving gifts to special female friends. I was inspired by this lovely project with a tutorial by Ruth of the UK Tonic Studios design team to try a larger purse gift bag. I do not have the dies she used, but do have the Top Note Trellis die set and it worked beautifully for this personalized gift giving purse box. I die cut aqua blue and white alternating layers for the front and back on the gift box. I personalized the gift box with a monogram M from the A-N Duo Cap Initials Clarice die set. Here is a picture of the other side of this purse gift box: 

I cut off a butterfly from the Branwen Briar Butterfly die to decorate the center of this side. I also used that die on both sides of the inside box as shown here: 


The inside box dimensions are 5" x 11" with scoring at 3 1/2" and 7 1/2 and at 1" on both long sides. I folded all the lines and cut a small triangle out of the intersections along the sides. I applied strong two sided tape to hold the box together and attach the decorated sides to the box. I added two handles (cut 1/2" x 11) and some Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter Drops for the final touch.

5 comments:

Cara said...

Great way to make a bigger gift bag. Cara x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous gift bag with wonderful colours and superb design!!
...Love this die, it's so useful!!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful gift bag/box would be great for a hostess gift filled with cards. Thanks for sharing the dimensions . I have the Stampin'Up Top Note die which would probably work too .

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful gift bag Karen - it looks so delicate and yet is obviously robust enough for it's purpose.
Blessings
Maxine

Donna Ellis said...

You have done a beautiful job with these dies, Karen! Gorgeous goodie container! XO