Monday, June 20, 2016

Animal Magic at Simon Says Stamp


This week the theme of my favorite challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Animal Magic, so I went back in my photos of cards not blogged yet and found this beautiful tiger I created for a magazine article a while back on vellum techniques. I do not remember whose stamp the tiger scene is, but I do remember I stamped it with black ink on vellum and then colored from the other side with markers. The tiger itself was "colored" with a round styllus head to stretch the vellum and raise it as shown. I die cut an oval opening in the white card front and scored diagonally every inch both ways. I masked and did a little sponging in the bottom of the diamonds to create the cool background look. Now that I look at this card again, I wonder why I never blogged it before? I really like both the tiger scene and the background too.

5 comments:

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

oh love this hun super tiger and image hugs Cherylxxxxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunner Karen - love the faux dimension created with you background, and the wonderful tiger scene!
Blessings
Maxine

ednamburgess said...

Looks so real and the colors are perfect. A real guy card. Edna

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love that tiger image. A great card design.

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous tiger image, beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby