Thursday, June 23, 2016

Tonic Studios Acetate Cards

**Warning- the cards are lovely in real life I promise you, but it is very hard to photograph acetate cards to show them on a blog. If you have any advice on how to photograph acetate cards, please share!**

I was reminded recently by a dear friend how lovely embossed acetate cards can be and was determined to combine thick acetate with Tonic Studios dies to make some awesome cards. I succeeded in the designing part, but not in the photography to show them off well:( But I think I did a better job on this flower embossed acetate card, so am showing it first. I used a floral embossing folder from Couture Creations to emboss the front of the A2 acetate card cut out of 10 mm thick acetate. Using thicker acetate results in better embossing and a sturdier card. I die cut Tonic Studio's From Me to You Topper Set out of aqua blue cardstock and the outer piece three times out of white cardstock. I layered one of each for the front of the card and attached with just a little hanging off and trimmed. Here are a couple views from the inside and back showing the layering and the sentiment from the Happy Birthday Pansy Topper Die Set: 




All of the layers are lined up on the acetate and for the back, I traced the inside piece and cut it out so it was slightly smaller than the white floral shape.



I love this butterfly acetate card featuring Tonic Studio's new Elegant Columns and Admiral Arches Sew Pretty butterfly dies and so have others I have shown the card to IRL. However, again it is very difficult to photograph to show you, my readers, how pretty the acetate card is. Here are other views of the card: 




Can you see the lovely detailed embossing and pin pricks of these gorgeous Tonic Studios butterfly dies cut out of Tonic gold mirror card? You can see through the front of the acetate to the inside where I die cut another Admiral Arches corner and "Cherish the Moments" from the Rectangular Frame Set of the same name. 

I am entering the first card above in the "use a flower" challenge at Win and Tonic and the 2nd card in the butterflies challenge at Dies R Us.

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are both quite lovely. The acetate makes a very elegant card.

Fikreta said...

great card

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Karen - I love the blue on in particular. those butterfly dies in the second card really are wonderfully detailed!!
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cool idea using acetate in that way. Lovely cards.

Donna Ellis said...

They are amazing, Karen. Your photography is actually very good. It's so hard capturing the sparkliness and shine of certain cardstocks and products. All you can do is photograph certain sections of a card at a time to reflect the shininess. Great job! XO