Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Many Thanks for my Guest DT Gig at Scrapy Land


I am very happy to participate again this week as a Guest Designer at Scrapy Land Challenges which is one of my favorite challenge blogs. The theme of this challenge is Anything Goes as long as you use at least one of the die brands Scrapy Land sells. Here is a list of the over 40 different brands Scrapy Land carries.

I designed this pretty thank you shaker card with a new Many Thanks Topper die from X-Cuts. I die cut the Thanks Topper out of a subtle designer paper and rounded the bottom edges of that piece and the green square card base. I applied two layers of thin mounting tape around the center of the die cut after attaching a layer of acetate. I dumped a bunch of beads and sequins in the shaker part and attached it to the card base. I attached a colorful die cut butterfly and added a few more sequins to the front to complete the card. Here is a look at the card “all shook up”:


Why don’t you pull out your favorite dies and create a card for this challenge? The prize is a $15 Scrapy Land gift certificate and you know you can find something great you want there!

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at 613 Avenue Create and Craft Your Passion.

12 comments:

Kath said...

A fabulous shaker card - I love the die you've used.
Kath x

sarascloset said...

How cool is this card!!!! You are inspiring me to try a shaker card-- something I've never done! Karen, it has been a pleasure guesting with you at Scrapy Land--just one more challenge:(. Big hugs!

Samra said...

Gorgeous make and super fun! Thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful shaker card. Love how the butterfly pops.

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome shaker card!

Nancy Hill said...

Beautiful shaker card. Love the butterfly.

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Karen!! I love the die you used!! It looks amazing as a shaker!! The butterfly is so beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful die and a stunning card Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful way to say thanks. A lovely card design.

Patricia St Martin said...

Karen the perfect die for a shaker card, just love how you did it and the right amount of colors. Sequins work nice for shakers and look so nice.
Hugs Pat

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous shaker card!
Sherrie k

Patricia Chalas said...

cute and lovely card!!!