Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Masculine Faux Leather Card for Scrapy Land Guest DT


I am very happy to participate again this week as a Guest Designer at Scrapy Land Challenges which is one of my favorite challenge blogs. The theme of this challenge is Masculine and use at least one of the die brands Scrapy Land sells. Here is a list of the over 40 different brands Scrapy Land carries.

I created this masculine card using a “faux leather” technique I learned watching this video on line. I adapted the technique for card making and did my own tutorial here which you could refer to if you would like to learn how to create this “faux leather” look. The embossing folder I used is by Tim Holtz for Sizzix. The deer die cuts are by Memory Box and the sentiment is from Dee’s Distinctively.

Why don’t you pull out your favorite dies and create a guy card for this challenge? The prize is a $15 Scrapy Land gift certificate and you know you can find something great you want there!

This is my last blog post as a guest dt member at Scrapy Land, so I want to say thanks to the whole Scrapy Land team for this fun experience!

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at 613 Avenue Create and Craft Your Passion. 

14 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

How kewl is that Karen love it!! Shaz in Oz.x

Samra said...

Wonderfully masculine card Karen!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Lori Kobular said...

Great masculine card with the deer!

Nancy Hill said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and deer. Hugs

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh this is one super male card xxxhugs cheryl

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh this is one super male card xxxhugs cheryl

Craftychris said...

What a fabulous male card! Love the faux leather and the deer die cuts, wonderful card! xxx

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous masculine card and I love how the background turned out! I'm so happy you've been a part of the team for the last few months. It's been a pleasure working with you on this team.

Angie said...

Thanks for joining our Challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges.

Donna Ellis said...

Your Faux Leather card is fabulous, Karen! Really looks like burnished leather - and the dies are fabulous. I admire how you were able to keep all those letters so straight and at the same angle! Wow! Hope you are enjoying a great week! hugs, de

Patricia Chalas said...

Karen your cards is adorable!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Nice masculine card. I love the faux leather look!

sarascloset said...

Sorry to be late, Karen! Your masculine card is just wonderful--I love that faux leather! It's been a pleasure crafting along side you, and I wish you all the best! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. The background really looks like embossed leather. Well done! Thanks for stopping by to share your creation with us at 613 Avenue Create. We hope to see you again soon!

Sara
My Blog