Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Elmo and Cookie Monster Pop Up Surprise Cards From My Latest Video


Most little kids (and some big kids) love Sesame Street characters like Cookie Monster and Elmo and also love interactive cards that pop with a great surprise when the card is opened. In my newest video here, I share two fun cards for special kids that pop up on the inside using Karen Burniston's Bitty Ball Pop-Up die set. The front of this card features a punch art version of Cookie Monster, but look what pops up when the card is opened: 


Isn't he cute? He was created with two bitty balls and I embossed the top layer of blue for a little more texture. To see him better and how both these cards pop up, it would be best to watch the new video here. But I also filmed a mini movie just to show the pop up action and here it is: 


Isn't that fun? I was inspired to try some Sesame Street characters by this card from Kelly Booth. Here is my version of Elmo: 


I used magnets to keep Cookie Monster down until opened in the first card, but they can get expensive since multiple magnets are needed. On this Elmo birthday card I sealed the top and bottom of a pull out card with many staples and then covered them with washi tape. The card should hold Elmo in and then the recipient pulls on a side tab and he pops out. Too fun! You can see both of these cards better and three more pop up card in my newest video here.

I am entering the second card in the Anything Goes challenge at Dies R Us (I used dies from Karen Burniston.) 



2 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What an amazingly fun interactive card Karen!

laurie said...

Oh wow how cute is this!!!Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!