Monday, January 11, 2021

Video - Cardmaking Ideas With Layered Nesting Dies from Dies...To Die For


I am having so much fun with all my new dies from Dies...To Die For at ShopScrapbook101.com and especially all the fun layered nesting dies that I created 9 cards for a new video that posted here today! 

My favorite of the new January release die sets at Dies...To Die For is the Slimline Long Hearts and I created a slimline z-fold card with it and some sentiment dies from Seasons- Add On Words dies to say Happy Heart Day. Here is a picture that shows the inside of this z-fold slimline card: 




This is a version of that z-fold slimline type of Valentine card I made for my husband whose favorite colors are orange and yellow. The seasonal word dies have a shadow you can choose to use or not. 


In the new video I show many ways to use nested shape dies and how I made a version of this slimline love card. The triangular pieces on the front of this card were created with the Basic Rectangle Die pieces that were not cut apart into individual rectangles. I cut it in red and black mirror card and silver glitter cardstock and put the pieces together, then cut them into triangles as I show in the video. This is the card I show how to make with the same colors but a celebration theme along with a bonus card I made with the negative pieces cut for this card:


I hope my cards inspire you to give some of these ideas and great dies a try. To see many more cards and tips for unique looks with nested layered dies from Dies...to Die For, watch the new video here.

I am entering the first card in the Something New challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday. All the dies are new as is the DT opportunity. 

No comments: