Monday, January 4, 2021

Video - Karen Burniston Bitty Ball Pop Up Cards For Kids of All Ages


My favorite kind of card to make are interactive cards that pop up when opened and in my newest video here I share 5 more pop up cards for kids of all ages made with Karen Burniston's Bitty Ball Pop-Up die set. This is the card I show how to make in the video:


The  front has a gorgeous layered die from Sue Wilson and Creative Expressions called Wishing You Brighter Days. The card style is a gatefold card. Here is a look at the inside when the card is opened:



The frame was created with Poppystamps Adriana Pop-Up Easel die set and the sentiment is from Sue Wilson. I used Maker Forte leaves and seed beads in my shaker. The pictures show a lovely card, but just can't do the card justice because this center pops up using the Karen Burniston Bitty Ball. To see this card and 4 other cards pop up, it is best to watch the video here. But here is a mini movie I made to show this card and it's pop up magic:


Isn't that cool? I was inspired to use the bitty ball to pop up shaker frames from some brilliant cards by Ingrid Candanedo she posted in the Karen Burniston Pop Up Peeps Facebook group and here is a link to the first one she shared.


I was having too much fun with this new way to use my Bitty Ball Pop-Up die, so I created two more cards with the shaker frame inside. Above is the front of a birthday card I made with a bow die from Kat Scrappiness and a sentiment from Sue Wilson. But look at what pops up when the card is opened:


Of course the popping motion and the card itself is easier to see in the video, but I used Taylored Expressions Streamers Frame and seed beads and little presents from Trinity Stamps inside the shaker frame. The "Celebrate Big" is from Cutplorations and of course behind the frame is the Bitty Ball from Karen Burniston. Here is one more gatefold pop up surprise card I created: 


Ingrid's card and the last two cards above use a belly band to hold them closed. Here is a peak at the inside of this card after the belly band is removed: 


The "doggie in the window" shaker frame was created with an older die from Tonic Studios. To see these three cards and two more much better as they pop up and the shaker elements move, watch the new video here.

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Dies R Us (I used dies from Karen Burniston, Creative Expressions and Poppystamps.) 

2 comments:

Jane Luxem said...

Pretty cards!

laurie said...

These are all beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!