Monday, December 27, 2021

Video - Cardmaking Tips and Techniques With Nuvo Shimmer Powders


I haven't played with my Nuvo Shimmer Watercolor Powders in awhile and I share many cards and techniques using them in my newest video here. My favorite of the techniques I share is Nuvo watercolor powders on tissue paper which is wrinkled and made to sparkle with glitter embossing powder. I show how to make this card using that technique in the new video: 


As I show in the video, I chose Violet Brocade, Cherry Bomb and a little Blue Blitz Nuvo Shimmer Powders on tissue paper for this tri-fold card. The process requires some patience as the tissue paper needs to dry thoroughly before it is attached to cardstock and then embossed with Nuvo Sparkle Embossing Powder. The butterfly die is from Sizzix. Here is a picture of this card opening to show the tri-fold:


Here is another card I made with that technique this time on a green tissue paper so it is a little darker than the one above: 


The butterfly was made with Cosmic Shimmer Aurora Flakes. Another of my favorite techniques with Nuvo Shimmer Powders that I share in the new video is to apply them on glossy paper and after spritzing with water, I crinkled up a piece of cling wrap over it. Here is a card I made with that fun look:


Isn't that background neat? I diecut Sue Wilson's Papillion Silhouette out of it and put it on a slimline card. The sentiment is also from Sue Wilson and Creative Expressions. 

I had great fun designing these cards and sharing the many techniques in my new video here. I hope the cards and video will encourage you to try some of the techniques and products featured. 

No comments: