Monday, December 6, 2021

Video - Cardmaking with Gina K's Laser Cut Wood Technique


I love to play with new techniques and stencils, and I was so inspired by a recent Gina K Designs Facebook Love session where she taught her Laser Cut Wood Technique, I had to try it immediately. I played with the colors of ink that Gina K showed and then tried some different color combos and card styles and show them all in my new video here


Gina K. showed her laser cut wood technique with shades of brown and a bit of teal and this is my first card with the technique and those colors. The stencil is from Simon Says Stamp and the layered sentiment die used for the eclipse technique is from Kat Scrappiness.


This is the card I show how to make in my new video. I love the color combo of blues and purples and the slimline style is one of my favorites. I used a floral stencil from ARTplorations called Bloom Sprinkles and show the magic of having the flowers appear after putting them through a die cut machine with a rubber mat to "emboss". If you like slimline stencils, you should check out the subscriptions available at STAMPlorations where you can get 3 slimline stencils for only $18 every month, bi-monthly or quarterly. What a deal!

The butterfly die is from Sizzix and the sentiment die is from Papertrey Ink. Here is a look at the inside of this card:


As I show in the video, I tried this technique on colored cardstock but found I liked it better with the woodgrain lines more visible when I started with thick cream or white cardstock. But the patterned paper was too pretty to throw away, so I cut a butterfly for the inside of this card. I die cut the slimline rectangle inside piece with a wavy, wonky die from Kat Scrappiness because I believe those stitches make everything so much more interesting.

I show several more cards in the video and hope my cards inspire you to give this technique a try! 

No comments: