Monday, December 20, 2021

Video: Cardmaking With Pinkfresh Studios and Altenew Washi Tape Flowers


Wide washi tapes are great for creating backgrounds and beautiful cards and now they can be diecut for gorgeous floral sprays and bouquets too! I just discovered Pinkfresh Studio's floral wide washi tapes and coordinating dies at a local stamp shop and I had so much fun creating cards with them for my newest video here. 


This is the floral chalkboard card I show how to make in the new video. I learned how to make a chalkboard card from Sam of Mixed Up Crafts and here is a link to her tutorial. Sam's chalkboard cards were large, but I adapted her template to make an A2 version and show how to do that in the video. I also show how to make black cardstock look like a real chalkboard with smudged chalk with some stamps from Hero Arts and Simon Says Stamp. 

Of course the washi tape flowers are the best part of this card and the others I share and all I needed to do to get them so colorful and cut out perfectly was attach the Pinkfresh Studio Anemone Magic wide washi tape to a blue cardstock and cut out with the one piece matching Anemone Magic die. As I explain in the video, you can choose to attach the floral wide washi tape to white cardstock or colored cardstock or even vellum or other specialty papers, and each time the look will be different. Here are a couple more views of this fun chalkboard card which would be perfect for a teacher or any special person:





The washi tape flowers and butterflies on this card were created with colored vellum so they  are more translucent than those created with cardstock. I tucked them into an oval frame cut out with a Hero Arts die into a cardfront created with Stampin' Up's cotton paper crinkled up before attaching. The pretty sentiment die is from Sue Wilson and the lovely  thought is continued on the inside of the card:


I couldn't waste the pretty oval cut out with the "Through The Woods" frame die from Hero Arts and used it to frame the sentiment and added another floral spray and butterfly. 

I also love Altenew's many wide washi tapes and created a bay window card featuring their Painted Fantasy washi tape which you can see in the video and on this blogpost. I posted it then to get in on their Get Wild With Washi Tape contest before the deadline.

I hope you will watch the new video and try some of the ideas and products featured.

No comments: