Wednesday, April 27, 2022

RubberStampMadness Summer Issue Salad Spinner Article


I have some fun news to share - I have an article I wrote and designed the cards for in the newest issue of RubberStampMadness! You can find the issue at their website or at local stamp shops and book stores. I wrote about how to use a salad spinner to create colorful unique backgrounds for stamped cards and here is the first card I shared:


The feather and birds stamp is from Visible Image, the sentiment stamp is from Penny Black and I used Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers, Wild Honey and Picked Raspberry Ranger Distress Oxide reinkers in the salad spinner. Here is another card I created for the article:


This card features the Baseball In Motion stamp from Technique Junkies and a sentiment die from Karen Burniston. 


I am currently playing with the floating strips technique for an upcoming video, and I tried it with a piece of salad spinner watercolor paper returned from RubberStampMadness with my card samples. The "hi" die is from Spellbinders and I used a pinpoint burst plate from Memory Box on the background of the card. 

I have written many articles in the past for Scrap and Stamp Arts (in addition to doing the card samples), but this is the first time I wrote the copy for an article in RSM so that was fun! I hope you will help print magazines stay in business by buying and reading them.



No comments: