Monday, May 30, 2022

Double or Triple The Stenciled Layered Cards and New Video!


Layered stencils have become a favorite of mine to design with, and in my newest video I share many cards make with two, three and even four layers of stencils! One of my favorite new layered stencil sets is the Layered Mixed Butterfly Stencil from A Colorful Life Designs and I show how to make this gorgeous card in the new video:


I started with a white cardbase embossed with a Cuttlebug floral embossing folder. Then I simply added ink through the layers of this lovely stencil set. I will add a sentiment later when I decide if it will be a birthday, thinking of you or sympathy card. 


Another of my most favorite layered stencil sets is this Taylored Expressions Triple Slim In the Garden set which makes three mini-slim cards as I demo in the video. This concept is brilliant and designed to be very easy to line up as I show. I cut these card fronts (and those below) with a stitched mini slimline die set from Kat Scrappiness as I think that adds such a nice touch, but of course you can easily cut the card fronts in thirds without them. The "hello" layered die is from Gina K Designs and was cut out and raised with my favorite eclipse technique.


Here is another set of mini-slimline cards made with the same Taylored Expression layering stencils and a different color scheme. I used more stitched mini slimline dies to cut out the layers and raised each one for the third thank you card.

I love all the cards I made with layers and layers of stenciled beauty and hope you will watch the video and give the ideas a try!


No comments: