Monday, May 9, 2022

On The Edge Cardmaking With Edger Dies and Patterned Papers


I recently discovered the Made To Surprise Creative Cuts Collection by Sam Calcutt at the Paper Wishes website and had so much fun creating cards with these edger dies and patterned paper for my newest video! There are so many ways to create unique cards with these edger dies and I share many tips for cutting them in the standard 6 inch platforms on most die cutting machines. The easiest way to add unique borders on a card is to simply cut, tuck and attach a strip of two sided paper as I did in this card I made in the video:


All of the two sided patterned paper on my cards in the video are from 6 x 6 paper packs available here at Paper Wishes. This paper pack is called Blue Persuasion and I cut the strip on the side with the Tall Arrows Creative Cuts die. I also show how to make the floating elements circle in the video which I attached over an embossed background. The sentiment die is from Tonic Studios and the leafy sprig die is from Gina Marie Designs. 


These edger dies from Made To Surprise can be cut in the center of a piece of two sided paper and folded in half to create a unique border on our cards. I made two mini slimline cards that way with 6 x 6 paper which does fit through my diecutting machine. I again used the Tall Arrows set on the card above and added a bow and sentiment from The Greetery on both cards. I also created a blue mini-slimline envelope with a die from Kat Scrappiness. The mini-slimline card below features the Circles Creative Cuts die on the edge:


I love how these cards turned out and show how to make them as well as many other cards with edger dies in my new video here. I hope you find time this week to play and be creative and then send some joy out into the world. 

I am entering the 3rd card in the Feminine challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday. 

No comments: