Tuesday, May 31, 2022

More Layered Stenciled Cards From My New Video


I love slimline cards and layered stencils and couldn't resist the Slimline Layered Starburst Stencil set from Pinkfresh Studio I made this and the card below with for my newest video here. I stenciled the layers in reds and pinks and then attached diecuts from Whimsy Stamps Slimline Heartbeats Die set for this "thinking of you" card.


Choosing different colors for the starburst layering stencils results in totally different looking cards, and I die cut stitched rectangle layers in different heights for this slimline card.


Another Pinkfresh Studio layered stencil set (with matching die set) I couldn't resist was the Sweet Leaves set I used to make this card. It reminded me of Scandinavian Folk Art (from my Norwegian heritage) and I made this card in those colors, and with the Norwegian word for Cheers. The stitched background was cut with a die from Honey Bee Stamps. Of course these "sweet leaves" look good in any color as I show in the next two cards: 


 

Of course you don't need layered stencils or even plastic stencils to double up stenciled fun on your cards as I show in the new video here. I just got some new brass stencils from Sweet Poppy Stencils at Del Bello's Designs and made the next three cards with them:




I added some stencils in the background of the wedding cards above made with the Princess Bride brass stencil from Sweet Poppy Stencils. The mixed media card features the Absolutely Abstract brass stencil, a fern stencil from A Colorful Life Designs and a stamp from Taylored Expressions.

1 comment:

sabell said...

Your cards are beautiful Karen, but those first two are amazing! 💖💖