Monday, May 2, 2022

Shaker or Interactive Cards or Both?


Which is your favorite - shaker cards or interactive cards? Of course shaker cards are interactive so that could be a trick question. I love both and show many shaker and interactive cards in my newest video here featuring new Sizzix Shaker Panes and coordinating stamp and die sets. 


My favorite of the new Sizzix die and stamp sets that coordinate with the Shaker Panes is the Blooming Heart set by Olivia Rose. As you can see it makes a beautiful shaker with the dies and a heart Shaker Pane. The background was created with the Hero Arts Flower Circle Stencil and green ink. But this die set also makes a gorgeous card that is not a shaker card:


Jennifer McGuire recently shared her favorite interactive card that requires no specialty dies to make and I tried it and it is now my favorite too. It is much easier to see the card pop open in the video here, but here is a still picture with it open (sentiment die from Sue Wilson): 


In the new video I show to make this interactive card and decided to make mine a shaker that pops open: 


I made the background with the same Hero Arts stencil and red ink, added a heart shaker pane to the Sizzix floral heart and this is what you see when the "pull" tab is pulled: 


Be sure to watch the video to see many more cards and how they shake and pop! I hope you have a great week and have time to be creative! 


No comments: