Monday, June 20, 2022

Accordion Folds With Easy 3D Accents New Video


Have you ever created a many layered fun fold card only to struggle with how to decorate all those layers? I recently discovered some super easy super dimensional embellishments for our cards, and paired them up with the new Landscape Rectangle Accordion die set from Karen Burniston to make many cards for my newest video here. The layered 3D pictures are from Hearty Crafts called Easy 3D Toppers. My first card features the Jewel Dragonfly set:


The Easy 3D dragonflies are just a bit big for the Rectangle Accordion pieces so I just cut them apart and put some of the pieces behind the 3 layers of the dragonfly. Just look at what happens when this card is opened:


Here are some close-ups to see the 3 sides and the 3D embellishments better:




The sentiment was cut with a die from Sue Wilson and I added a couple punched dragonflies to the center piece. I figured out how to add a front piece onto several accordion folds with plenty of room for more 3D Easy Topper pictures and here is the card I show step by step how to make in the new video:


I show how fast it is to put the pieces of this deer from the Stylish Winter World Easy 3D toppers set in the video, and this sentiment is also from Sue Wilson. Of course, the best part is when the card is opened: 




I put another old world 3D deer picture on the left side and left room for my signature. The Christmas wishes - Peace, Joy and Love  - were cut with dies from Quietfire Design, and I added some doves cut with several sets from Memory Box. 

In the new video I share many more fun fold cards with 3D toppers,  so head on over here and see them all.  Then have a play and send some of your handmade joy out into the world! 

I am entering the first card in the Add A Sentiment challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday. 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card designs. These are beautiful!