Monday, June 27, 2022

Easy Iris Folding and Mirri Card - What a Combo!


I have always wanted to learn how to do iris folding on my cards but hesitated because it looked too difficult and time consuming. Guess what - it's not if you have the right tools and tips as I share in my newest video here. I decided to try iris folding after watching a Webisode at Paper Wishes featuring special dies from Hunkydory with iris folding templates to match. Here is the first card I made easily with the hummingbird die:


Isn't that lovely? All the cards in the new video also feature Hunkydory patterned mirri card that I also found at Paper Wishes here and I added a sentiment cut with a die from Karen Burniston. Here is another card I made so easily with another die and iris folding template from Hunkydory and Paper Wishes:


The patterned mirri card and the paper used in the iris folding strips are all from Hunkydory and Paper Wishes. Here is the card I show how to make with these Hunkydory supplies in my newest video:


I love how this card turned out and decided to wait until sending to add a sentiment so I could use it for a thank you, thinking of you, birthday or any special day for a special person. 

In the new video I also show an easy way to do iris folding on any open shaped die you might own and a tip for where to find the thin paper needed really cheap. You could even win a bunch of that paper and your favorite card from the video if you watch here and comment before July 4 per instructions!

I hope you have a great week and have some time to play and then send some handmade joy out into the world!

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful iris folding which looks amazing with the mirror card stock.