Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Easy Iris Folding with Almost Any Open Shape Die You Own


In my newest video I share many tips for easy iris folding and inexpensive sources for the thin paper needed and show how to make this card. While researching different ways to do iris folding,  I found some inexpensive plastic templates at Paper Wishes that can be used with any open die or the shape templates provided. All I did was cut the star with a die from Dies...to Die For out of gorgeous patterned mirri card from Hunkydory, turn the piece of and attach to the template. I cut strips of wrapping paper from the Dollar Store one inch wide, folded in half and taped in place. As I show in the new video, it is so easy and fun and the result is awesome. Here is another card I made that way with an open stitched butterfly die:


I embossed the card front with an embossing folder from Paper Roses but wished I had done that before the iris folding because it squished the folds down making them not as dimensional. 


On this slimline card, I simply used two square dies to create a birthday cake opening and then used the Pentagon Iris Folding Template to add the iris folding pattern with Dollar Store wrapping paper. Here is an example that shows you don't even need templates or patterns to add iris folding interest to a card:


All the dies on this card are from Dies...to Die For and I am going to give it to the host of a 4th of July party I am going to. 

What is your favorite of all the cards I show in the new video?  You could win that card (except the flag card) and a big supply of iris folding paper simply by watching the video and commenting per instructions before July 4, 2022. I will draw two lucky commenters so be sure to watch and comment here. 

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday. 

No comments: