Monday, December 5, 2022

4 Ways To Add Gorgeous Color to 3D Embossing


I love my 3D embossing folders and also love discovering new products for my cardmaking and in my newest video I share many cards made with Metallique Wax from the Prima Finnabair Collection. In a make and take at the Picture This stamp shop in Eau Claire I visited recently during the fall shop hop I made this card front:


I have tried several kinds of waxes but in my opinion the Metallique Waxes from Prima are the creamiest and easiest to work with as I show in the new video


This is one of my favorites of the cards I made for the new video with the Metallique Waxes. The 3D Typewriter embossing folder is from Tim Holtz and Sizzix and I added Blue Lagoon and Aged Brass Metallique Wax to the embossed card front. I also added Aged Brass to the butterfly (from Tim Holtz and Idea-ology) and finished with a perfect sentiment die from Cutplorations.


This is the fun fold card I show how to make step by step in the new video. Finding the new Metallique Waxes reminded me to check my stash and pull out products I already own to add color and sparkle to my 3D embossed images. In the video I share 4 ways to do just that. This card features not only the Mint Sparkle Metallique Wax but also Apple Fizz Lustre Polish from Cosmic Shimmer and Nuvo Winter Cranberry Glitter Accents on the beautiful Flourishing Holly Corner 3D embossing folder from Crafter's Companion. The fun fold was created with a new die from Creative Craft Products Easy Folds that makes a 5 x 7 Diamond Fold card. I saw a beautiful card by Stamp Owl using this die set and had to use her link to buy it immediately. She learned this way to use the die set to make a double diamond from Sam of Mixed Up Crafts. Here is a look at the inside when two of the main die pieces are attached to a 5 x 7 piece folded in half:



The unique shape and layers are so much easier to make using a die set that cuts them perfectly. I added some die cut sentiments (JOY from Gina Marie Designs, stitched oval from Kat Scrappiness, "Christmas Wishes" from Sue Wilson and Creative Expressions and "Peace" from Quietfire Design) on the layers of the inside of this card. 
 
I had great fun making these cards with gorgeous color added to 3D embossed images and hope you will watch the video to see these and many more cards, then give some of the ideas and products a try!

I am entering the second card in the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are all so beautiful!