Wednesday, December 7, 2022

More Cards with More Ways to Add Amazing Color to 3D Embossed Images


I just couldn't resist this new embossing folder and die cut combo from Simon Says Stamp which is perfect for Christmas and winter cards. I colored the birdhouse (cut and embossed with a dark brown cardstock originally) with Prima's Aged Brass Metallique Wax and added sparkle and texture to the snow with Nuvo's Fresh Snowfall Glitter Accents. I normally use my fingers to add the Metallique Waxes as I show in the new video, but the pine needles and cones were too small so I used a very small sponge tool with more Aged Brass and Mint Sparkle Metallique Waxes. The little cardinal die is from IO. The die cut sentiment from Dies...to Die For finishes on the inside of the card with stitched interest added by a rectangle die from Kat Scrappiness:





I was enabled by a card I saw by Stamp Owl to rush out and buy the Easy Fold Diamond Fold die cut set from Creative Craft Products and I made a double version of this card in the new video. I used three different ways to add gorgeous color to the 3D Crafter's Companion Flourishing Holly Corner embossed image and added my favorite Christmas wishes die cut from Penny Black to the inside.



Most of the time the Metallique Waxes look best over dark cardstock and I tried the White Pearl on both of these cards made with Tim Holtz's Sizzix Roses 3D embossing folder, but I didn't like the look.  So I added the Blue Lagoon and Aged Brass over the White Pearl and like the roses much better. The 4th way to add color to embossed images in my new video is Nuvo's Glacier Paste which is on the embossed butterfly (from Pink and Main.) I have found that all the glitter pastes from every company I have bought all dried up after time no matter what I did to try to prevent that. But my Nuvo Glacier Paste is as soft and creamy as ever, and is a pretty way to add sparkle to any color of embossed images. 

Be sure to check out the new video to see all the embossed cards with 4 different ways to add sparkle and color. I hope you give some of the ideas and products a try, and then send some joy out into your world!

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are so beautiful!