Monday, December 19, 2022

Bokeh and Eclipse - Revisiting Older Techniques Video


Older techniques become new and easier to do with today's products, and in my new video here I show how to combine the Bokeh and Eclipse techniques to make many unique cards. Years ago I played with the Bokeh technique and even wrote an article with card samples for a nationally published magazine. 

Bokeh is a photography term that describes the blurry, out of focus points of light in a photograph, but has been used in card making backgrounds with stamps and stencils. I recently purchased a couple bokeh layering stencil sets that do all the design and placement so much easier than the handmade stencil I made years ago. And the Eclipse technique can be expanded to include shadow word dies rather than just the alphabet dies as in the past.


This is the card I show how to make step by step in the new video with both those techniques and how to create the colorful background with Brusho Crystal Colours watercolor powders. The alphabet dies are a favorite of mine from Kat Scrappiness and the layered Bokeh stencil set I used in all these cards is also from Kat Scrappiness. "Thinking of" is part of a sentiment die from Karen Burniston.


Of course you don't need to use white pigment ink to make the stenciled bokeh circles as I show in this card which features all dies from Kat Scappiness. Below are two more cards I feature in the new video both made with a mix of dye ink and white pigment ink for the Bokeh circles, a double layer of stenciling with a Gina K Designs floral stencil and the Eclipse technique for the sentiments: 



The purple one above is a sneak peek of one of the cards I am teaching on February 19th at Harts N Scraps in Cedar Creek in Rothschild WI on stencil techniques and inspiration. If you are in Wisconsin and want to learn more stencil techniques, call 715-298-2055 for more details and to reserve your spot.

To see many more cards and how do combine these techniques for unique easy cards, watch the new video here. I hope my cards inspire you to give some of techniques and products a try and you find time to play this week!

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards! Love all of them!