Monday, December 26, 2022

Design with Christmas Dies Into the New Year!


I am done with Christmas cards, decorating and shopping for this year but have a bunch of Christmas dies and embossing folders I haven't played with yet. There is no law that says we can't make cards well into the New Year with our Christmas dies, right?  I share many such cards and a new fun fold in my newest video here. 


I learned how to make an A2 Bridge Card with a Window from Frenchie in her tutorial here. I used my new Frosty Corners and Small Stripes Ribbon Maker from The Greetery along with a sentiment die from Sue Wilson on this A2 Bridge Card with a Window. Here is a look at the back of this bridge card where I will sign and write a message:


I really wanted to use a larger Snowflake Frame Backdrop Die from Kat Scrappiness on a Bridge card with a Window, so I adjusted the size to accommodate that die as I show in the new video:


Inside the pretty snowflake frame is a Clear Views Transparency from The Mark - It Place I purchased at Let's Create in Wisconsin Rapids. In the new video I show how to make another size of this fun fold step by step illustrating how we can adjust fun folds to accommodate the dies we want to use. 


The beautiful Clear Views Transparency snowy scene is framed by Penny Black's Snowflake Frame and I added patterned mirror card strips and a snowflake also from Penny Black. Here is a look at the back of this Bridge Card with a Window I show how to make in the new video:


The stenciled "Birthday Wishes" was made with a layered Brushed Sentiments stencil and matching die set from Pinkfresh Studios. Here is another version of this size of bridge card with a window that I made with the same products:



Of course all of these cards could be Christmas cards with the right sentiments but I wanted to show how to use Christmas dies in to the new year and needed some special thank you and birthday cards. 

I hope my cards encourage you to watch the new video and give some of the ideas and products a try. 

Wishing you all a healthy and joyful New Year!

No comments: