Monday, January 2, 2023

Bam! Pop! Surprise Cards and Boxes For the New Year


Kids of all ages love surprises and interactive cards and the projects in my newest video BAM and POP when opened! The secret to that motion is new dies from Karen Burniston and my favorite is the Bam Box Pop Up set! Here is a card I made that is identical to the one I show step by step in the video except for the school colors chosen:


The front is cute and created with a graduation border die from Taylored Expressions, sentiment die from IO and grad hat die from Dies...To Die For. But the real magic happens when the card is opened:


The oval grad gown was created with a die from Trinity Stamps and pops up BAM when the card is opened which you can see much better in the new video here.


Another fun way to surprise a recipient with the Bam Box is to put it in a Slider Box created with another new die from the newest release at Karen Burniston. I decorated this one with a layered heart die from Birch Press Designs. Just look what pops up with the ribbon is pulled:


The Bam Box is easy to put together and really creates a fun surprise when it pops as I show in the new video. I used a couple dies from Lawn Fawn and Karen Burniston to create the message for a friend on Valentine's Day with a candy treat inside.


I also show another fun way to surprise someone special with the Slider Box in the new video. It is better to see the action in the video of course, but here are a couple pictures showing what pops up in this box:




Those boxes pop way up and were created with the new Surprise Cube Pop Up die set and under them is a gift card. The butterflies and foiled mirror card are from Paper Wishes, and I used another favorite Karen Burniston die on the front for the Happy Birthday wish.

To see more cards made with the BAM Box die set and how they really pop, watch the new video here. I hope my projects encourage you to give some of the ideas and products a try!

No comments: