Monday, January 9, 2023

Easy Floral Shakers with Pinkfresh Studio and Foiled Acetate


I have a confession to make - I like flowers on my cards but don't like to color them. Pinkfresh Studio came to my rescue with many floral washi tapes and matching dies, and I use them along with patterned acetate to step up my shaker cards in my newest video here. Here is the card I show how to make step by step in the video:


I show how easy it is to make a shaker card with some of my favorite tips and also how the Pinkfresh Studio washi tape, matching dies and Glitter Drops are perfect for shaker cards. I started this card with a glimmer card front embossed with an embossing folder from Memory Box. The sentiment is from Sue Wilson and Creative Expressions. Here is another look at this card where the foiled acetate from Hunkydory is more visible:




I think using acetate with the foiled pattern makes the shaker so much more interesting. Of course on all of these cards I also used Pinkfresh Studios washi tape flowers and their Glitter Drops. This washi tape (with matching die) is called Whimsical Blooms and I used those on this card too:



I love using this cover die from Kat Scrappiness for shaker cards because I can separate the colors of the shaker gems- green glitter drops in the top section and gold in the bottom. Of course the pretty flowers are from Pinkfresh Studio and I added them on the inside of all my cards too as I show in the new video here.

I had great fun making my shaker cards with the Pinkfresh Studio washi tape flowers and patterned acetate from Hunkydory and hope my cards and video inspire you to give some of the ideas and products a try!

I am entering the first card in the Something New challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday (the washi tape and dies are new.) 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful shaker designs and all so beautiful!