Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Spellbinders Simon Hurley Butterfly Kisses Highlighted with Paper Piecing


I love butterflies and roses on my cards- who doesn't? I recently received a brand new set of stamps and dies by Simon Hurley for Spellbinders, and I decide to highlight the rose with paper piecing on both of my cards. I stamped the large rose stamp on patterned blue paper and again on yellow and green and fussy cut the rose before attaching back on the stamped image. I die cut a circle out of the front and created a pop and flip fun fold. This card is a sneak peak of next week's video where I will show you several ways to make a pop and flip card. Here is a look at the inside of this card:


All the sentiments used and the butterflies are from the Simon Hurley Butterfly Kisses stamp set, and the set includes dies for the flowers and butterflies. Here is another card I created with highlighting by paper piecing: 


I chose to highlight the one rose with paper piecing and stamp the others in blue for part of the background. I love to "color" with paper piecing and had fun making these cards with new Spellbinders products. 

No comments: