Monday, April 3, 2023

Hide and Seek Cards With Inexpensive DP Alternative

Want Monster Truck, Minecraft or other specialty designer paper for your special cards but either can't find it or hate to pay the high price per sheet? In my newest video here, I share an inexpensive alternative and how to make Hide and Seek pop up cards with it many different ways. 

My grandson loves Monster Trucks and I wanted to make him some cards but was having trouble finding designer paper. Years ago I learned how to attach napkins to cardstock (because they would be too flimsy to work with otherwise) using melted clingwrap first with an iron and then with my MINC machine. But in the new video I show you how to attach the napkin easily with a product you may already have- sticky two sided tape. I have a large roll of my favorite Tonic Studios Craft Perfect Double Sided Tissue Tape I use all the time, but there are other brands and styles such as sheets that would work as well. The Monster Truck image above is 1/4 of a napkin I found at Oriental Trading and it cost me less than 10 cents! Even more fun is what happens when this card is opened:


I show how to make this card using the napkin hack and the Hide and Seek die set from Dare 2B Artzy. The side panels are hidden and pop out when the card is opened. It is hard to show that in a still photo, so be sure to watch the new video here.


I have two grandsons I love dearly and my teen grandson loves Minecraft so I found these napkins at Oriental Trading for pennies per napkin and made this card for him. The front is fun and the inside even more so:

The name of the Minecraft character is Creeper so I created a sentiment using an expression from my youth and the sword is from the napkins and the Minecraft world. 

I have many more examples of fun Hide and Seek cards made with napkins so easily in the new video here, and their surprise pop up movement is much easier to see in the video too. I hope my cards encourage you to give some of these ideas and products a try!

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.


No comments: