Monday, April 10, 2023

Upgrading an Older Technique With Today's Products - New Video


Remember Spirelli? It is an older Dutch String Art technique we did years ago with punches and string or thread. I was reminded of it recently in a class I took with Julie McGuffee where we used dies she designed and did some string art. Her kit and/or dies are available here very reasonably, and I used some of her dies and others in my stash to create a bunch of spirelli cards for my newest video here. Here is the card I make in the video:


I show how to do the spirelli string art with metallic threads in green and gold on an oval I cut with an older Spellbinders scalloped die and a pointy die from Julie McGuffee. The focal piece is layered on a gorgeous Adriana Pop Up Easel die set from Poppy Stamps. Here is another view of this card:



I had this idea to do the spirelli thread art on acetate and then "float" it on acetate in a larger die cut scalloped circle and I love how this turned out. It is even prettier IRL. The layered Hugs die is from Karen Burniston and I used copper cord on the acetate scalloped circle. Here is another view of this card:


To see many more cards I made with this forgotten technique and how easy it is to do with dies in your stash, watch the video here. Then try to find some time to play in your craft room and then send some handmade joy out into our world.

2 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Oh my goodness you have taken me back. Used to love doing those. Your creations are fabulous and off now to watch your video. Happy times are here again!! Hugs Mrs A.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful string art cards.